Re: Compiling Heimdal

On Apr 10 09:42, Csaba Raduly wrote:

> >> Thanks!  Help me not waste time (mine and others') again, please, by
> >> telling me how I should have known that/been able to find that out?
> >

> > The --with-sqlite3=/usr --with-libedit=/usr configure flags.
>
> Would it make sense for heimdal-src to depend on libedit-devel and
> libsqlite3-devel (and all the other -devel packages it needs) ?
> This could help people who download -src packages to build them, at
> the cost of annoying those who just merely want to look at them.

The cygwin installer doesn't handle src dependencies, only binary
package dependencies.

I'm wondering, though, couldn't the cygport script contain something
like this to give warning that the so-and-so devel packages are required
before building?  Does cygport support this already, perhaps, and I just
missed it?

Corinna

Red Hat