Re: Trouble with running cygwin dll on Vortex86MX+ CPU

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 09:28:29PM -0400, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

<snip>

2) Packaging changes of setup.exe have made extracting the version string
     impossible, save for actually running setup, which isn't something I'm
     going to do on a daily basis.  If there is a method of extracting this
     info from it, please do tell me how.

I'm assuming it used to just be in the RC file in the past.  Didn't look
in the history to trace it back.  But now it is generated and put in
setup_version.c as a global constant setup_version.

setup.exe is packed with upx.  If you want to see the version string I
suppose you could unpack it with upx.

Of course!  Why didn't I think of that?

strings setup*.exe | grep setup-version

This returns the version for a _decompressed_ setup executable.

--
Larry