Re: TexLive post install script fails

On 4/4/2014 9:54 AM, Václav Zeman wrote:
Hi.

TeXLive post install script exits with error for me. I am attaching
cygcheck output and mllatex.log with the errors.

Thanks for the report. The error is actually harmless (unless you want to use mllatex), but it should go away if you issue the following two commands (as administrator):

  /usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --disablefmt mllatex
  /usr/bin/fmtutil-sys --disablefmt mltex

On the other hand, if you want to use mltex/mllatex, then install texlive-collection-formatsextra.

Here are the gory details in case you're curious:

The problem arose from the way texlive was initially packaged for Cygwin. By default, all formats were enabled. I've since changed that so that all formats are initially disabled by default, and then only those formats that are provided by the various texlive-collection-* packages are enabled by the postinstall scripts for those packages.

If you want, you can run the script /usr/bin/texlive_generate_fmtutil.sh. This will create a new /etc/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf file in which all formats are disabled except those for which you have installed the appropriate texlive-collection-* package. In case something goes wrong, the old fmtutil.cnf is saved in /etc/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf.bak.

Ken