Re: Unpacking 7z archives on Cygwin64

Now I have just discovered how!

Installing the bsdtar and friends packages. I was sure that there was
an alternative to p7zip but don't remember which... It is bsdtar...

Thanks, that is useful. I'm trying to work with a build system that
assumes p7zip, and is using it to extract from an msi file. bsdtar is
not working as a drop-in replacement for this, and it would be nice to
remove p7zip from http://cygwin.com/cygwin-64bit-missing regardless.

I reported the inquiry about the 64 bit assembly upstream at
https://sourceforge.net/p/p7zip/support-requests/6/#2150 and found
some patches were required to get the 64 bit assembly to work.
We can either modify the .cygport file to use the C version as I
initially suggested, or modify the .src.patch file to get the 64 bit
assembly version working. This also requires running dos2unix on the
assembly file in order to get the patch to apply.

I'm still not clear, do 64 bit packages have their own independent
set of patches, or is it necessary to write patches that work for
both 32 bit and 64 bit?

-Tony