Re: new setup.exe - another problem, or is this behavior expected?

On 2/27/2014 5:36 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
, if you start one session of setup, select a
package, download it, and don't install it (for whatever reason), then
start another setup session and do the same thing with a with a different
mirror, you'll get the same package again under a different directory tree
(the root of that tree being loosely named after the mirror you chose).

Does this mean that install-from-internet is a better choice than download-without-installing when the connection is apt to be broken? Or for combining several overnight runs to cope with a slow connection? Currently I'm downloading to an external USB drive which I then use to reinstall Cygwin on several machines.

And thanks for the explanation.