Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

> This is a pretty intrusive change, in need of some serious testing, so
> I'd like to ask for volunteers.  The latest 2014-02-13 snapshot from
> http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ contains the changes, including the latest
> bugfix.

I noticed another thing. Not sure if I would call it a problem, just
an observation or if it is a feature.

As said before, my laptop is part of a domain and I have moved the
local passwd and group out of the way.

When I am not connected to the domain (on the road) I get this error
every time I start mintty: "id: kan geen naam vinden bij groeps-ID
1049089"
I have an export LANG=en_US.utf8 in my .bashrc so since the text is in
Dutch this happens before the .bashrc is executed. It basically
translates to "id: unable to find name for group ID 1049089".

When I start my vpn and re-open mintty the error doesn't show up
anymore, even if I disconnect the vpn again. After rebooting the error
message occurs again.

The reason for the message seems obvious. The process can't lookup the
information. But it can be confusing to users to see an error at
startup. Is it error useful to the user? Can I suppress this message?

Regards,
Frank