Re: Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

> Also, more radically, if we drop the functionality to define another
> group name for a group, we could drop the requirement to open an LDAP
> connection to fetch group information to the DC entirely(*).  This would
> only affect domain groups, local groups could still have different
> names.  But I'm already wondering for a couple of days if having a
> Cygwin group name different from the Windows group name is really
> necessary at all.

If you ask me, it not only unnecessary, but potentially confusing, if not
dangerous.
Given that you've presumable fixed the group name mangling on locale changes,
I think all the necessity for this functionality is now gone.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...