Re: semget still depends on cygipc?

On Feb 21 20:54, Pan ruochen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to use semget function under cygwin. But get "Bad system call" error.
> Do I have to install cygipc package to make these IPC functions work?
> And I cannot find this package in the setup UI, so where can I
> download the package?

The cygipc package is deprecated for 10 years now.  The functionality
has been taken over by cygserver, see the Cygwin User's Guide:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygserver.html

Apart from that, Cygwin comes with POSIX IPC functions, which don't
require runing cygserver like the XSI functions do.  See, for instance
http://linux.die.net/man/3/sem_open and friends.

Corinna

Red Hat