RE: OpenSSH port forwarding bug

> Subject: RE: OpenSSH port forwarding bug
> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 22:11:03 -0800
>
>> Subject: RE: OpenSSH port forwarding bug
>> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:48:53 -0800
>>
>> Hi Andrew...
>>
>> This is what I usually use in a proxycommand. So the example localized
>> it to just one layer. You can see that it connects to an ssh server and
>> then drops when I fail to complete the handshake. That is expected.
>>
>> The example shows that ssd -W gives an error, but doing the same thing
>> with ssh nc works fine.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> ...Karl
>>
>>> Subject: Re: OpenSSH port forwarding bug
>>> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 22:44:54 -0500

>>> What are you trying to do?
>>>

>>> --
> --
Hi All...

So I solved my real problem. It was a typo in my .ssh/config file that prevented me from being able to use the proxy command in ssh. I've used it for years.

But there is still a minor bug in ssh, When I use a proxycommand with ssh with the -W option, to avoid using an external program such as netcat (nc) the error message "getsockname failed: Bad file descriptor" is displayed. The proxycommand works, but displays this error message. Using netcat does not display this error message.

The example above is a STC showing the error in a more easily visible way. The names raven and coyote are local names on my network at home.

I am wishing the error message into the cornfield.

Thanks,

...Karl