Re: NFS/SSHD interaction

On Feb 18 13:35, Dominik StraÃer wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
> thanks for the pointer. I haven't yet fully understood the
> credentials stuff. But can it have this result:
> In the cygwin terminal:
> ls -l /cygdrive
> total 43
> d---------+  1 TrustedInstaller TrustedInstaller     0 Feb 18 10:27 c
> drwxr-x---  15 night            None              1024 Jan 23 22:53 k
> drwxr-x---  52 night            None             24576 Feb 18  2014 n
> drwxr-x--x  62 night            None             14336 Feb 17 13:57 s
>
> In the ssh:
> ls -l /cygdrive
> total 4
> d---------+ 1 TrustedInstaller TrustedInstaller 0 Feb 18 10:27 c

Keep in mind that the login via ssh is in another session than a desktop
session.  If you want a user to see the automatically mounted drives in
a ssh session, the ssh session needs the user's credentials.  This only
works if the user mounts the required drives manually after login via
ssh, or if the login via ssh already has the credentials.  This is
only the case when using method 3:
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd3

Corinna

Red Hat