Re: Status of Xemacs on cygwin64. Is help needed?

    > Anibal Morales writes:
    >> I don't have a lot of free time but I miss my Xemacs. If I can make
    >> a difference I would like to volunteer and help release this
    >> package.... but I am a total cygwin package noob.

    > Unfortunately it isn't (just) a packaging matter.  Getting xemacs to
    > compile for 64-bit cygwin requires real work.  I started a thread on
    > this on xemacs-beta [1], but it has stalled for the time being.

    > Sorry!

    > I ended up doing a minimal 32-bit cygwin install alongside my 64-bit
    > one so that I could run xemacs. . .

Hi

I'm the maintainer of xemacs under cygwin. Unfortunately to fix this is
over my programming skills. The problem is somehow with
subprocesses. You can't use a subshell started with

M-x: shell

in xemacs. This problem appeared already when I tried to finally
recompile xemacs for cygwin32-1.7 and it still persists in cywin64.

I'm very busy right now with non-cygwin related things, so any help in
this area would be appreciated.

Ciao
  Volker

PS: I also use a minimal 32-bit cygwin install alongside my 64-bit because of xemacs