Re: Newbie Alias and Profile questions

OK, I got it working ... I have my home in an directory other that what Cygwin defaults because other software run needs

I thought my files were being overwritten ... but no - I was modifying the wrong files.

After I found the correct files and modified the .bash_profile everything was fine.

I was not aware of this .bash_profile and I was not aware of the source command. On the versions of Unix/Linux that I have used I would always do a .profile to execute the commands in it when I made changes.

So again I was making changes and the shell was not aware of the changes.

Hey,  I've been using Cygwin for like 2 weeks ,,,