Re: Launch a windows application from crontab

On 02/10/2014 07:13 AM, carl wrote:
> I feared it :( What possibilities remain to me with a win7 system? The background for my problem is a windows application that sometimes
> crashes silently (it is still open but doesn't do what it should) and had to be restarted. A big amount of Voodoo sounds interesting ;-)
> but perhabs I should simply use windows scheduled tasks?

I have many processes that I run in a service.

Similar to your situation, some of these fail periodically,
each for a different reason.

My solution is to run them in a loop, using e.g. bash:

 while [ 1 ] ; do myprog ; done

A separate monitor program, running in its own service,
periodically checks each 'myprog' to see if it is still responsive.
If it is not, the relevant process is simply killed, and the
daemon reincarnates.

For myself, I would not consider windows scheduled tasks.

-- Bartels