Re: Newbie Cygdrive questions

I see.

What would you say to this ?

I have to use an EDI translator - it runs under windows/dos and had unix versions

I was trying this ... but the program needed to see the path of a config file ... after the -cp switch.

/cygdrive/c/gentran61SA/lftran /cygdrive/c/gentran61sa/data/EDN -id -cp /cygdrive/c/Gentran61SA

It gave me errors can not open file /cygdrive/c/Gentran61SA\ediprim.cfg.  It was like the program could not figure out
what style of paths to use.

I changed it to :  (escape out of bash and run this code)

! c:/gentran61SA/lftran c:/gentran61sa/data/EDN -id -cp c:/Gentran61SA

and it worked perfectly.    Is there a better way to do this ?