Re: setup.exe different packages

On 28/01/2014 15:41, BGINFO4X wrote:
Hello everybody,

What is the recommende way to install ONLY one pakcage(bash for
example) with the GUI?
What I do is: All -> Uninstall , then check for the package that I
want: Base -> Bash -> Install

better to test from scratch in an empty directory, to avoid some
remainder that could false your test.

If I do in this manner, I obtain less packages than installing bash
from the command line with:

setup-x86.exe -g -o --no-desktop --no-shortcuts --no-startmenu
--local-install %CYGWINALOCALPACKAGES% --quiet-mode --root
%CYGWINADMINDIR% --packages bash

With the GUI I obtain 27 installed  packages, with setup-x86 command
line I obtain 56 installed packages.
I'm doing something wrong? How is this possible?

as bash belongs to Base category and as in Base there are 29 packages
both your results look wrong as you need at least 29 packages.

$ grep "category:"  setup.ini |grep Base |wc -l
 29

I see at least an additional one:
 cygutils(Base) -> libpopt0(obsolete) -> popt(Libs)
likely there are few mores, but 56 seems too much.

Thanks for your time.

Marco