Re: Windows 7 64 Bit - Mounting Network Drives

Greetings, Damian Harty!

>> > Q2: Why doesn't it automatically mount the network drives?

>> It does.

> Thank you for your constructive reply. We can go around the "It
> does/doesn't" loop for some time, if you like.

> While it may do on your machine, it is of course entirely possible that, sat
> at my machine, I am unable to access network drives through the file system
> as I have done previously.

> Forgive me for attempting to drill into it by, for example, attempting to
> "cd /cygdrive/h" and receiving an error message.

That's a different question, of course.
Can you please do the following commands in order (native windows console
preferred, but not necessary):

net use; subst; cd /cygdrive/h
(The CD should return an error, relog if it doesn't)
explorer H:\\ (would that open the drive corectly? Close the window in either case.)
net use; subst; cd /cygdrive/h (does it work now?)

Also, a crucial moment - do you use a terminal session, or your machine is
physically present at the place, and you are logging to it's desktop as
normal?

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...