Re: interactive-services-detection not started on 32-bit cywin executables

On 1/16/2014 12:10 PM, BGINFO4X wrote:
Hello everybody,

I have a "Windows service implementation of cygwin" via NSSM
(http://nssm.cc/). I use cygwin 1.7.27 32 bits.

If I configure the service as "allow service to interact with
desktop", the UIODETEC.exe is not started, so I can't see the console.

Do you know why uiodetect is not started with 32-bit cygwin
executables?

And now trying it with a simple test (the one suggested at your link below)
it worked for me if the window in which the shell runs is running as
administrator.  Did you try that?

<http://blogs.msdn.com/b/patricka/archive/2010/04/27/what-is-interactive-services-detection-and-why-is-it-blinking-at-me.aspx>

--
Larry