Re: nested popen()'s lead to fgets() failure on 64-bit only

On Jan 13 11:38, David Levine wrote:
> Corinna wrote:
>
> > Not really.  I have no idea why this fails for you.  Does an strace
> > show anything suspicious?
>
> Yes, there's an exception, it looks like in WFMO.  It's
> happens when closing handles after forking sh.exe for the
> second popen().  strace excerpt is below.
>
> The exception didn't happen after the first popen().  And I
> tried running with a minimal environment (env -i PATH=/usr/bin),
> which didn't help.
>
> David

                          ^^^^^^^^
Your PID values are pretty suspicious.  Even on a busy machine they
should seldomly have more than 4 digits, let alone 6.  The PIDs are only
getting high if process and other handles are hold and not closed by
another process.  This looks a lot like a BLODA problem.  Did you
check against http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda?

Corinna

Red Hat