Re: Maintainer for git?

On 11 January 2014 03:55, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 9:43 PM, David Conrad wrote
>> Is there currently a maintainer for the git package?
>
> I would say no
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-06/msg00489.html

Officially, the Git maintainer is Eric Blake. While he's been active on
the list relatively recently, I've not seen him respond to anything
about Git.

Prompted by these emails, I've resurrected my old plan to offer to take
over Git maintenance, and sent in an "Intent To Adopt" email earlier
today. I've not clear on what the process is for this, or how long it
takes, but if the powers that be are happy for me to take over, I'll
hopefully be able to get a more up-to-date version online PDQ.

In the meantime, you could use the [Cygwin Ports] version (currently
v1.8.3.4), or download [my build] of v1.8.5.2  (just extract the
relevant packages into the Cygwin root directory). Obviously neither of
these options are supported on this list.

[Cygwin Ports]: http://cygwinports.org/
[my build]: http://tastycake.net/~adam/cygwin/