Re: Clearing the buffer after quitting LESS, MAN, VIM etc.

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 12:43:10AM +0000, Dawid Ferenczy wrote:
>Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
>
>> >That's because mintty uses entirely Cygwin mechanisms and the console
>> >uses Windows.  Windows has a limitation which we didn't know about.
>> >I'll fix this in the next couple of days.
>>
>> This bug should be fixed in today's snapshot (when it shows up):
>>
>> http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>>
>> It will, of course, be in the next Cygwin release but there is no fixed
>> date for when that will be available.
>

>Hi Christopher,
>
>it's fixed for me too! I really appreciate your support. You wrote that
>you'll fix it in couple of days, not in a few hours :) >Especially that you
>have done it on New Year's Eve. You have my respect. Thank you! You really
>improved a quality of my life :) (this issue was very annoying for me).

Problems like that interfere with my sleep so it's best to get them out
of the way before I go to bed.  :-)

>Could you briefly describe what was the nature of that limitation and how did
>you fixed it, please? (technically, I'm a developer too)

The problem is described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14699043/replacement-to-systemcolor

in the first Answer.

I found this after noticing the strange behavior of ReadConsoleOutput.

>Thank you and have happy and successful year 2014!

You're welcome.

cgf