Re: Binutils 2.23.51 compilation problem

On 2013-11-29 09:49, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Nov 29 23:40, Frew Cen wrote:
I'm trying to compile and install binutils+GCC for my machine.
I have compiled lastest binutils sources without getting any error, but
installation seems to have some problems with gas documentation.

The output of the installation is very large and some of the warnings
are repeating (they just occur on different lines). It looks like the
problem is caused by 'as.info' file, and I guess I'm using old version
of some tool for '.texi' files.

Looks like a bug in the docs.  You should report this problem to
the public binutils mailing list <binutils AT sourceware DOT org>.

No need; AFAICS this has already been fixed upstream in the 2.24 snapshots[1]. If you need to build 2.23.x or earlier, you will need some or all of these patches:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/binutils.git/plain/binutils-2.23.2-bfd-texinfo-fixes.patch?h=f20
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/binutils.git/plain/binutils-2.23.2-ld-texinfo-fixes.patch?h=f20
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/binutils.git/plain/binutils-2.23.52.0.1-as-doc-texinfo-fixes.patch?h=f20

HTH,