Re: Still confused about cyg_server vs. user id when logging in via ssh

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-logonuser

> 2. Whether I log in as an ordinary user or as administrator via SSH,
> only some but not all user variables are properly set. So, for example
> "HOME" seems to be set properly but not for example "APPDATA". I don't
> understand why some variables are set and not others...

Security reasons, a request from the upstream OpenSSH maintainers way
back when.  This has been discussed in the past on this ML, including
some workarounds, AFAIR.

Corinna

Red Hat