Re: fstab not automounting...

Corinna Vinschen wrote at about 11:38:46 +0200 on Thursday, October 17, 2013:
 > On Oct 17 01:49, kosowsky wrote:
 > > Is there any way to get the entries in /etc/fstab to mount
 > > automatically? (ideally also the ones in /etc/fstab.d too for the
 > > current user)
 > >
 > > I could have sworn that it did so in earlier versions of cygwin, but
 > > now I seem to need to manually issue a 'mount -a' after each reboot...
 >
 > /etc/fstab and /etc/fstab.d/$USER are loaded automatically only once.
 > That is, at the time the first Cygwin process in a user session is
 > started.  All other processes in the same user session just share the
 > mount table if it's already in memory.  Changes are only propagated to
 > the shared mount table in two cases:
 >
 > - Use the mount -a command.
 >
 > - Stop *all* Cygwin processes of the current user.  This will remove the
 >   shared mount table from memory.  Start a new Cygwin process.  This
 >   will re-create the shared mount table.

Yes - I would have thought this would work -- but neither rebooting
nor stopping all cygwin processes and shells serves to get my fstab
read.
I need to manually run 'mount -a' each time -- which completes without errors.
I know I didn't need to do this in Cygwin 1.7 x86.
I am now running Cygwin 1.7.25 x64

Any thought on what could be preventing fstab from working
automagically.