Re: mysql package

Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> > I jsut installed the mysql pacakge and tried to start the daemon.
> > I got the follow error listing.
>
> Why not use native mysql server?... Looking for troubles?

No. I just prefer a posix environment and it makes it better for porting to
    production in a Linux environment.
> > Thanks
> > 130926 23:25:41 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist
>
> Check server configuration file, it should point to a proper directory for a
> database, and the user under which server is run should have write access to
> it.
>
> Also,
> > --
> > Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> This ^^^
>
> --
> WBR,
> Andrey Repin
>
> Sorry for my terrible english...
Your English is understandable and I appreciate the response.

I have a problem.   I can not find the MySQL configuration file, that I assume comes with the package.  Documentation I read says that it would be  /etc/my.cnf , but it's not there.  I grep'd for anything sql in /etc and fouund nothing related to mysql or my*

Does anyone know where it is or does it have to be made from scratch?

If there any default or example MySQL configuration files in the package or installed, I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me where they are.

Regards