Re: iodbc always in error (solved)

On 2013-09-06 08:31, Sébastien Dailly wrote:
I've sent a mail here yesterday requesting for help in order to make
iodbc work in cygwin. I've investigated in the library code and found
something interesting :

In the log I've sent yesterday[1], each function name start with an « _
» wich does not appear in the sql driver library :

The iodbc package contains the file « iodbc/henv.ci »[2] wich is actualy
an index of the declared function to call. There is a strange preprocess
instuctions at l79 wich needs to be completed in order to works in
cygwin :

#define CLI    "SQL"

now you can rebuild the package and the odbc will work.

Thanks for tracking this down. The root cause is actually a false positive from an erroneous configure test, causing configure to decide that leading underscores are necessary with dlsym(3) where they actually are not. This should be fixed in the new 3.52.8-2 release.

Yaakov