Re: abort: address space needed by 'cygXcursor-1.dll ... is already occupied

On 4 September 2013 15:19, Septimus Stevens wrote:
> I'm novice but stumbled into a configuration that works OK for me.
> I type 'startx' and get an X environment with three xterms.
>
> Yesterday I meant to type 'cat Foo > Bar' but accidentally left off
> the '>'.  Foo was a binary file and that xterm became unusable.

Don't do that then. Dumping a binary file to terminal rarely ends well.

> Today I type 'xstart' and get only two xterms, with an error shown
> in the subject line.  My workaround is to modify .xinitrc to start
> FOUR xterms so I get THREE to work with, but I'd prefer a "real" fix.
>
> I'd like to be less helpless.  Will someone show me what queries
> or searches would have worked to figure this out myself via FAQ's?

Did you try searching for the error message?

While we're at it, what is the error message? Asking for help with how to solve
problems is a great idea, but if you're going to ask for help you might as well
give us the information we need to help you. And that means this: