Re: Why are the 32- and 64-bit cygwin1.dlls incompatible?

On 8/23/2013 12:33 PM, Warren Young wrote:

<snip>

I just hope this won't lead to more confusion if 32 bit processes
started from 64 bit (or vice versa) don't act as expected in some
circumstances.

Oh, it probably will, but a cygcheck dump will tell us when this is probably
happening, because both Cygwin bins will be in the PATH.

Probably but I think we need to keep a close eye on how much this adds to
the support load and user confusion.  If it is more than a small amount, I
think it's worth considering a sunset clause on this or perhaps a switch
(ugh) to turn this on for those that know, love, and want it. :-)

--
Larry