Re: A walking "bug" on Cygwin home page

On 2013-08-17 12:05-0400 Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 01:13:14PM +0200, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Have you noticed the walking "bug" appeared today on the Cygwin Home
Page (http://www.cygwin.com).

I initially thought that it was a real insect inside my PC monitor, but
then I realized it was a "graphical" bug walking on the same path, an
horizontal "8".

I wonder if it doesn't hide some new malaware...

It's a well known fact that all software (and web sites) have bugs.

Chris,

I think you will want to take the original question concerning malware
more seriously.

If you actually take the time to look at cygwin.org it appears that either
the developer of that website has an extremely weird sense of humor or
else that website has been hacked into and defaced. Which?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

Linux-powered Science