Re: Adding a new package to cygwin

On 8/16/2013 7:17 PM, Tal wrote:
Hi guys,

  I would like to add some statistics tools to cygwin like top, free, sar, etc.

  I tried to add procps package by downloading it and using the setup program.
But obviously I do not do it well because I cannot find it inside the packages
list in the setup window (full list state).

  Can some one give me a step by step procedure to add a new package?

You haven't stated but I'm going to assume you're installing 64-bit Cygwin.
If that's true, then the answer is there is no procps package at this
time.  If you truly need it, you need to rebuild it yourself from
source, wait for someone to build it for you, or install a parallel 32-bit
Cygwin.  The 32-bit version contains a procps package.

--
Larry