Re: ssh logon failure

On 8/7/2013 1:10 PM, Yuki Ishibashi wrote:
Marco and others:

I also had the same problem, and ultimately was able to solve the problem by:

- Completely removed any references to sshd and cyg_server in the
Windows user accounts and also in /etc/passwd
-Removed the "CYGWIN sshd" Service
(in a Run-as-Admin command line run 'sc delete sshd' )
- Ran the cygwin terminal As-Admin and the /bin/ssh-host-config script,
re-creating the deleted accounts and services by exactly following this guide:
( under 'Configuring OpenSSH in Cygwin')L
http://www.howtogeek.com
/howto/41560/how-to-get-ssh-command-line-access-to-windows-7-using-cygwin/

For the benefit of those that might find this set of instructions in a web
search, the above link is not associated with nor supported by this list.
Follow these instructions at your own risk and only if you know the
consequences of doing so.  This list recommends that you use Cygwin
resources to help set up OpenSSH and other packages.  Cygwin-specific
documentation is available under the /usr/share/doc/Cygwin directory.

After that (and running 'net start sshd'), ssh services were restored.
If you're still having this problem
(and for anyone who had to madly google this problem)
I hope this helps.

--
Larry