Re: ssh login no longer allowed by local accounts other than main administrator account after taking machine off domain

Yuki Ishibashi wrote:
Hi all,

Recently I've been tasked with taking a Win7 machine that was running
Cygwin and sshd off of my company's old Active Directory domain...
---
Have you ever heard of "Process Monitor"
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

It can allow you to monitor processes by name/or a variety of filters
and you could maybe find what bash is trying to do when it gets the
operation not permitted.

You could look  for access denied or some similar status ... but it can allow
you to get a look at exactly what might be failing -- if it is a file permissions,
you can see access denied when it tried to open a folder..(or a registry key).

It gives an overwhelming amount of data, but you can keep adding filters till
you see what you are looking for...

There are some how-to talks/demos on the site for how some have used it to
solve various types of problems.

Sometimes, something is happening only on your system that is unique to your
setup, and something like process monitor
(for real time monitoring / replacement of task-manager, I'd
recommend process-hacker (http://sourceforge.net/projects/processhacker/)
over process explorer (another sysinternals util by the same people
who did procmon)-- it is more detailed  and more powerful.

but procmon allows you examine what's going on in detail...  might be
of help...?

good luck...