Re: Rcpp installation fails on Cygwin: Rcpp::Timer not supported by your OS.

Thanks Yaakov,
That looks exactly like what I need. May I ask how would I go about
patching and installing it on my system?
Cheers,

On 31 July 2013 19:42, Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
<yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On 2013-07-31 12:37, Enrico Ferrero wrote:
>>
>> When trying to install your Rcpp R package from CRAN on Cygwin,
>> compilation aborts with the following error:
>> Timer.cpp:35:6: error: #error "Rcpp::Timer not supported by your OS."
>

> Such an error means that the code needs to be patched to select (or add) a
> code block specific to that platform.  A patch for Cygwin can be found in
> Ports git:
>
> http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/R-Rcpp;a=tree
>
> Specifically for Cygwin, based on my limited understanding of Rcpp, it would
> appear that libRcpp.dll (the library, not the Rcpp.dll module) should be
> moved to $PATH, and a symlink .dll.a put in its place, for the benefit of
> other modules which would use this library.  The cygport(5) found in the
> aforementioned repo handles that for you.
>

> Yaakov
>

> --

Enrico Ferrero
PhD Student
Steve Russell Lab - Department of Genetics
FlyChip - Cambridge Systems Biology Centre
University of Cambridge

e.ferrero@gen.cam.ac.uk
http://flypress.gen.cam.ac.uk/