Re: 1.7.21: Problem using svn accessing UNC network pathes

On Jul 18 11:38, Roland Schwingel wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Today I updated my cygwin to version 1.7.21. Due to a bunch of
> lockup problems I was previously sticking to 1.7.17. A short test
> shows that the lockups appears to be solved (that are the good news
> - thanks to all involved) - but I got a new problem now. Performing
> a "svn st" on a subversion working copy residing on a UNC share is
> broken now.
>
> I do get this error message:
> svn: E0700008: Can't read directory '//server/share/path': Partial
> results are valid but processing is incomplete.
>
> When I exchange cygwin1.dll with the one from 1.7.20 the svn st
> command works as expected.
>
> So I did an strace with both cygwin1.dll versions (I attached the
> outputs of both runs to this email in a tarball).
>
> svn_st_1720.txt contains the working trace when doing svn st on 1.7.20
> svn_st_1721.txt contains the output of my broken run on 1.7.21
>
> The output is pretty much in sync up to line 824. It starts to differ
> heavily in 825. In line 825 of svn_st_1721.txt it appears that maybe
> in normalize_posix_path() a / too much is cut off from the beginning
> of the unc path and it might mess up local and network pathes.
>
> BTW: I still have to run a self compiled version subversion 1.7.2 as
> you can see from the strace logs. I recompiled it today freshly on
> 1.7.21 but this does not make any change.
>
> Thanks for your help,

Bug in the new code recognizing invalid path preceeding a ".." path
component.  It ignores one leading slash in case of UNC paths and so
accidentally checks for /server/share/path rather than //server/share/path.

I fixed that in CVS and I just generated new x86 and x86_64 snapshots.
Please take your pick at http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ and report back if
you still see problems with it.

Thanks,
Corinna