Re: Fwd: getcwd in Make's Test Scripts Causes Errors

Il 7/9/2013 7:13 AM, GJ ha scritto:
Hello,

I'm trying to build Make-3.82 in Cygwin64 1.7.21-6 on Windows 8 x64.
It appears to build just fine, but I can't run the tests.  I've tried
running it with "make check", "perl run_make_tests.pl", and the latter
in Window's own CMD.exe.  When a test fails, it produces the error
"shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: No error".

Attached is a cygheck.out, the script I ran to try to build and test
Make in "conf-make-inst.sh", (so it's easy to see how to reproduce the
problem) and the output of the script in "build log.txt".  "build
log.txt" is just the output of "conf-make-inst.sh".  It contains the
output from the configure, make, and make check commands.

I can't seem to find much information on this, or I don't have the
expertise to understand the information out there on errors with
getcwd and Cygwin.  Did I include all the information needed to be
helpful?

Thanks for your consideration.

why building something already available ?

$ make --version
GNU Make 3.82.90

have you checked the cygwin source package of make ?
Following the same road is likely easier.

Regards
Marco