lftp error SSL_connect: sslv3 alert unexpected message

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to use lftp to connect sftp.am.gxsics.com but just
get the error SSL_connect: sslv3 alert unexpected message
when using cygwin built of lftp (which uses OpenSSL). I then found a
build that was done with GNUTLS with 4.3 version of lftp and this can
connect with no issues using the same script and so it seems to be
down to OpenSSL and the specific setup used by GXS which is kind of
old school with implicit ftps on port 6366. Below are the log and lftp
script.

I have tried it on Windows 7 32 bits as well as Windows 8 32 bits.
I ran cygcheck on windows 8 and got a blank file, but was able to run uname -a

CYGWIN_NT-6.2 RM-LAPTOP 1.7.20(0.266/5/3) 2013-06-07 11:11 i686 Cygwin

Thanks in advance.

set cmd:default-protocol ftps
set cmd:verify-host false
set cmd:verify-path false
set ftps:initial-prot P
set ftp:list-empty-ok true
set ftp:ssl-allow true
set ftp:ssl-auth SSL
set ftp:use-allo false
set ftp:use-fxp false
set net:idle 1
set net:max-retries 9999
set net:reconnect-interval-base 2
set net:reconnect-interval-max 4
set net:timeout 120
set ssl:check-hostname true
set ssl:verify-certificate false
open -d ftps://user:password@sftp.am.gxsics.com:6366
lcd /cygdrive/c/lftp
ls
cls
bye

---- Resolving host address...
---- 1 address found: 204.90.130.188
---- Connecting to sftp.am.gxsics.com (204.90.130.188) port 6366
**** SSL_connect: sslv3 alert unexpected message
---- Closing control socket
ls: Fatal error: SSL_connect: sslv3 alert unexpected message