Re: octave-3.4.0.exe: error while loading shared libraries

Il 7/3/2013 5:41 PM, gennari.federico ha scritto:

Hello there,

wrong mailing list.
Please use cygwin(at)cygwin.com for this type of issue,
for follow ups

I'm sorry to disturb but as an absolute beginner with
Cygwin I couldn't find the correct answer to this problem, even if I
found some interesting clues from previous answer in mailing list
(http:
//cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-04/msg00254.html)

This is my very
first installation (default + math package; Windows 7 machine), I did
not performed any change or customization but I tried to re-install the
whole a couple of times to recover, unsuccessfully.

As the former
reporter said in aforementioned question, I get this error:

gennarif@NIDORAN ~
$ octave
/usr/bin/octave-3.6.4.exe: error while
file or directory

Then I performed the suggested check but got
different output

gennarif@NIDORAN ~
$ cygcheck octave-3.4.0.exe

cygcheck: could not find 'octave-3.4.0.exe'

gennarif@NIDORAN ~
$
cygcheck -l liblapack0
/etc/profile.d/lapack0.csh
/etc/profile.d/lapack0.sh
/usr/lib/lapack/cygblas-0.dll
/usr/lib/lapack/cyglapack-0.
dll

That's really strange because Octave package DO exist in this
path (which has not the /usr/ parent folder):
...\cygwin\bin\octave-
3.6.4.exe

/usr/bin is mounted on  /bin
(same content)

As so the the dll:
...\cygwin\lib\lapack\cygblas-0.dll

\cygwin\lib\lapack\cyglapack-0.dll

I will bet "/usr/lib/lapack" is missing from your PATH

see "/etc/profile.d/lapack0.sh" content

thanks in advance,

Federico

If you have still issue, could you as reported on
http://cygwin.com/problems.html

"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed. "

Regards
Marco