Re: how to allow connections from another host to cygwin

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 04:08:11PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM, markov  wrote:
>> I am trying to connect a client program running on unix to a server
>> program running on cygwin without success. I also tried to connect from
>> unix to cygwin with ssh, ftp, ... but without success as well. When I
>> looked on net, it says that I first have to allow hostname or ip-address
>> in xorg-conf (equivalent file) of the remote host to be connected. is
>> there any idea about this issue? Thanks in advance for your help
>
>For ssh, have you seen e.g.
>http://www.noah.org/ssh/cygwin-sshd.html
>?  I haven't done that in a long time, but have
>used cygrunsrv to run a buildbot server in cygwin for some time.

If you've followed this mailing list for any length of time you'd notice
that we don't really endorse the instructions from random other web
sites.  They are often out-of-date and contain needless instructions.
This web site is no exception.  The CYGWIN= suggestion is wrong.

Just use the instructions from /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README

Btw, Corinna, this file suggests setting ntsec.  That likely should
just be deleted.

cgf