Re: texlive-install: core dumped

On 6/29/2013 1:19 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Ken Brown, 29.06.2013 15:47:04:

I think I have them all, as controlled by default-setup.

I'm not sure what you mean by "default-setup", but there are no
texlive packages installed by default.  You have to choose them, or
choose something that requires them.

According to my setup.ini I should have

texlive-collection-xetex version: 20130529-1

and

texlive-collection-formatsextra version: 20130529-1

installed.

setup.ini just lists available packages. Use cygcheck to find out what you have actually installed.

When trying to actually use the installation I get:

(/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/graphics.cfg)

! LaTeX Error: File `dvipdfm.def' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: def)

But apart of that it works (had to create an empty dvipdfm.def in my
local dir to get rid of the above error-message).

dvipdfm.def no longer exists in TeX Live 2013, and you shouldn't have to create it. Please give the details of what you were doing that led to this error message.

And while you're at it, please follow the guidelines at

  http://cygwin.com/problems.html

including the part about attaching cygcheck output.

Ken