Re: Failure with fork()

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE !

On 2013-06-27 16:52, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
Once the relevant snapshot is released I will let you know how far I

The 20130627 snapshot is now available.

get with a variant of the above I have thought of which is replacing
cygwin1.dll on the fly when the individual step of the initial run of
setup.exe that installs cygwin1.dll is completed.  That method takes
advantage of the fact that the fork issue only occurs during the final
step of the install and presumably nothing is using cygwin1.dll when
the prior step that installs cygwin1.dll is completed.  So ideally
this method would be completely error free, but I will see about that,
and if not I will fall back to trying your method.

That might just work, if you get the timing right.

Yaakov