Re: offline cygwin install question

I have win7 64-bit computers set up in another location. It would seem that the easiest option would be to make sure that one of those is up to date and then just tar up the cygwin directory and move it. I have also found that you can just tar up the local package directory and then run a local install, but this seems to have issues if there are packages in the local install dir from more than one mirror.

If I download the normal setup.exe to a 64-bit windows install, will it automatically install the 4-bit version? have never seen the setup64.exe that was mentioned in a previous post. Where would that be located?

I have to assume at this point that the cygwin I have running on w7 64-bit installs is the 32-bit version of cygwin, since I didn't do anything special when I set those up. I know that many 32-bit applications run perfectly well on a w7 64-bit install. What specific advantages would there be in running the 64-bit version of cygwin?

The main thing I want to do is to upgrade to the minty terminal and make sure I am using the most current version of cygwin. I think that the version on this rig is pretty old.

Thanks for the advice,

LMH