Re: Is there SCSI ioctl() support in cygwin? Where is sg.h?

On Jun 26 15:04, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 05:30:51PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jun 26 08:31, Peter Allen wrote:
I've searched the archives and the net and haven't found any
information about using ioctl() to send commands to a SCSI disk.

I'm porting an application that needs structures defined in sg.h,
(sg_io_hdr_t) but can't find that header in any cygwin package.

Is there support for this in cygwin?

No, sorry, there isn't.  While Windows offers SCSI passthrough
capability using some DeviceIoControl control code, we don't support the
/dev/sg* devices and the translation from sg to underlying Windows
device.

I played with the SCSI passthrough stuff a couple years ago.  I'd say,
the real problem is not to support passthrough, but the device
translation.  There's pretty certainly a way to offer that, but off the
top of my head I don't know how to.

Adding a Cygwin fhandler for sg devices and SCSI passthrough would
probably be a nice side project for somebody who's interested in this
stuff.  It wouldn't really collide with anything which is already
implemented.

So when, exactly, do you expect to have this implemented then?  Next
Thursday?

Let's say, it will be *a* Thursday, just don't expect me to say the
exact year...

This isn't another issue involving kittens, is it?

--
Larry