Re: Adding MSYS functionality to Cygwin

On 6/19/2013 07:31, Charles Wilson wrote:

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Posix_path_conversion

That's good info.

I'm glad to see that relative paths are never molested. I tried for a while to confuse Cygwin and native Windows programs using relative paths, and failed to find a case where the path doesn't mean the same thing to both sides.

Not all packages are cross-compiler-compatible.

Is that another way of saying that not all packages use autotools? :)

You're not talking about anything different than the sort of thing Cygwin package maintainers go through, sometimes needing to arm-twist odd build systems to behave according to cygport's expectations?