Re: X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0

On 18/06/2013 17:23, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> Lately I noticed the following error when attempting to ssh from my Ubuntu

Not sure if "lately" means you haven't changed anything, but it didn't report
this error before, or you've only recently started paying attention :D

> (13.04) systems to my Cygwin system with X11 Forwarding turned on:
>
> X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
>
> Any idea of how I can fix this?
>
> Not sure if this is a Cygwin issue (but it does involve ssh) or a Cygwin/X issue.

Possibly you do not have the remote sshd configured to allow X11 forwarding.

See A5 to Q6.1 in the Cygwin/X FAQ [1].  The other answers may also be
informative.

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-ssh-no-x11forwarding

--
Jon TURNEY