Re: GCC and symlink are incompatibility on 64-bit windows

Lu Sheng wrote:

E:\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe -mcygwin -mdll -O -Wall -Ic:\users\it-04\appdata\local\tem
p\pip-build-IT-04\lxml\src\lxml\includes -IC:\Python27\include -IC:\Python27\PC
-c src\lxml\lxml.etree.c -o build\temp.win-amd64-2.7\Release\src\lxml\lxml.etree
.o

when this command run, I will received the error message:

Unsupported 16-Bit Application

I to change the name of gcc-4.exe to gcc.exe and It give me
Incomprehensible error message as below...

How did you change the name?
Why are you using E:\ in cygwin?

cygwin paths don't have back slash in them.

If you are using the cygwin gcc you need to run from a compatible shell
and give it compatible pathnames since a unix/posix compatible gcc
wouldn't know what to do with all those backslashes...

Are you sure you want to compile or run lxml from cygwin?   It doesn't
sound like you are using the cygwin environment, but are using the windows
environment??