Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.19

> Nick, was it you, who wrote this article?
> http://www.nicklowe.org/2012/02/understanding-case-sensitivity-in-windows-obcaseinsensitive-file_case_sensitive_search/
> Thanks for it, if so.
> But the more frustrating it makes your post, as article clearly states, that

I did, yes. I was trying to get my head around it and the design a
year or so ago and decided to document it as I could find nothing
substantive available on the Web.

At the time, I noticed that Corinna special cased Windows 2000 to keep
reading obcaseinsensitive in the patch that was otherwise committed to
test for the actual state of case sensitivity instead:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2012-q1/msg00115.html

It is a mess and pretty frustrating! You have to be very careful about
the assumptions that you make in your code.

Regards,

Nick