Re: cygutils Postinstall Script Errors With Exit Code 128

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 2:43 Paul.Nickerson wrote:
> I am attempting to install Cygwin, and am getting errors near the end of
> the process. I am using version 2.774 of setup.exe on Microsoft Windows
> Server 2003 R2 Datacenter x64 Edition Service Pack 2 and the default
> Cygwin packages. This is an Amazon AWS EC2 instance, and I am remote
> desktopping in. In the Cygwin Setup GUI, after it goes through the install
> procedure, I get a window titled Postinstall script errors, with the below
> output text:
>
> Package: base-cygwin
>         000-cygwin-post-install.sh exit code 128
> Package: terminfo
>         terminfo.sh exit code 128
> Package: bash
>         bash.sh exit code 128
> Package: coreutils
>         coreutils.sh exit code 128
> Package: _autorebase
>         autorebase.bat exit code -1073741819
> Package: base-files
>         base-files-profile.sh exit code 2816
>         base-files-mketc.sh exit code 128
> Package: cygutils
>         cygutils.sh exit code 127
> Package: man
>         man.sh exit code 128

I got the cygutils postinstall error also, caused by missing dependencies.

$ cat /etc/postinstall/cygutils.sh
/usr/bin/update-desktop-database
/usr/bin/update-mime-database /usr/share/mime

both scripts do not exist, and are no cygutils reqs.
please test against it.
like:
test -f /usr/bin/update-desktop-database && /usr/bin/update-desktop-database
test -f /usr/bin/update-mime-database && /usr/bin/update-mime-database
/usr/share/mime

--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/   http://www.perl-compiler.org/