Re: luatex font path problem

On 5/24/2013 5:55 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2013-05-24 07:33, Ken Brown wrote:
I'm not comfortable removing the version test, since I don't know the
reason for it.  As you say, the low frequency of zlib updates makes this
a minor issue.

If you were to rebuild texlive immediately, I would agree, but as you
aren't planning to, right now it is a major issue: users should not have
to choose between the important bugfixes (not to mention the new API) in
1.2.8 and a properly functioning luatex.

I agree with the conclusion in the Gentoo bug entry: the version check
is completely superfluous and should be removed, so that this does not
continue to be an issue in the future.

Having now read through the bug entry, as well as the corresponding thread on the dev-luatex mailing list, I agree. So I'll rebuild texlive within the next few days and remove the version check.

Ken