Stale connected clients

Hi,

It always happens to be that there seem to be "stale" X clients.

Although I exit all X-Apps gracefully (and also plink with which I
establish SSH connection for forwardind), I always see when I want to
quit Xwin:

"Exiting will close all screens running on this display.
There is currently 1 client connected.
Proceed with shutdown of this display/server?"

There is no cygwin process running (except Xwin.exe).

Is there a way to list what is locking here and eventually solve this?

Thanks
Lukas