ffmpeg

HOW CAN CYGWIN capture W32 Programs WinSTD out as minty and putty do?

I am use several programs that are native windows compiled, such as
ffmpeg.  I am writing a sheel script to get video clip information
provided by ffmpeg, but I can't capture the screen output which
(probably isn't stdout to cygwin), but does display on the minty and
putty consoles.  I've tried redirecting both stdout and stderr it to
file.  It doesn't work.

Is there any, method to capture this output, besides writing a windows
batch file that captures it and writes it to a file, which would work,
but is really inefficient.

Any advice and pointers would be appreciated.