Re: cygwin64 process substitution: known bug?

On Apr  7 13:53, Gregory M. Turner wrote:
> On my cygwin64, all bash process substitutions fail:
>
> $ ls -l <(echo foo)
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 greg None 0 Apr  7 13:20 /dev/fd/63 -> pipe:[656]
>
> $ cat <(echo foo)
> cat: /dev/fd/63: No such file or directory
>
> Here's an strace: http://pastebin.com/KS9766Vv
>
> Anyone know what's going on?  I don't have a cygwin64 kernel/libc
> build tree, yet, but, if this merits further investigation, I
> suppose it's as good an excuse as any to build one, as this is
> messing up my play-time.

Confirmed.  Looks like a bug in bash or (more likely) 64 bit Cygwin.
I'm going to fix a problem reported on the cygwin-apps list first, but
I'll have a look into this later this week.

Of course I'd appreciate if you look into this, too.  Many problems
found in the 64 bit version during the last couple of weeks are based
on sloppy datatype handling, so I guess this is another one of them.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat